€18.00 Student* & Group Discount** to €21.00 Regular Price. Every day at 10:40am at the Marienplatz.
Full day Dachau Tour with Memorial Qualified Guides.
The Dachau Concentration Camp was the first permanent camp built by the Nazi Party of Germany. It opened on March 22nd 1933, only 2 months after Adolf Hitler’s rise to power and liberated on April 29th 1945.
Dachau was the only Concentration
Camp to have existed for the full 12 years of Hitler’s
dictatorship. In the minds of the Nazis, especially Heinrich
Himmler, it was by far the most important camp within their system
and became the model for all others that followed.
“Dachau - the significance of this name will never be erased from German history. It stands for all concentration camps which the Nazis established in their territory.”
- Eugen Kogon
The site is one of the most well preserved former camps left in Europe today. Our highly experienced guides discuss all aspects of camp life and death for the hundreds of thousands of prisoners that passed through the gates between 1933 and 1945.
During this 4 hour sightseeing tour (4 hours on site, 6 hours including
transportation) with our fully Dachau Memorial Qualified guide you
• Why the camp opened, and the first prisoners
• The 3 phases of the Camp, its evolution and development
• S.S. Training Facility
• Jourhaus - the entrance building and gateway into the camp, with its now infamous words “Arbeit Macht Frei” - Work will set you free
• Appellplatz - the Roll Call Square
• Memorial Site Museum in the former Maintenance Building
• Registration of new prisoners and their catagorisation
• Torture and Punishment, both Physical and Psychological
• The Bunker - the prison within the camp
• Bunker Courtyard for both torture and execution
• Barracks - prisoner life and daily routine
• Camp perimeter fence and Guard Towers
• Barrack X - the two Crematoriums, mass graves, and the Gas Chamber
• The International Memorial, (Nandor Glid Sculpture) and Religious Memorials
Although the camp was liberated 70 years ago, the history we can learn from Dachau is very relevant to the world around us today.
Visiting a former Nazi Concentration Camp is one of the most important things to do on a trip around Europe, and by far the most important thing to do in Munich. Dachau’s accessibility and importance as a centre for education and reconciliation makes it a day that is impossible to forget for a very long time.
* Student reduction with I.D./Senior Citizens
over 65. Please bring and show a valid student card (any
international school or university) or proof of age (for Senior
Citizens) to receive a reduction.
** €18.00 per person Group Discount for 4 to 15 persons only when booking online on inmunichtours.com and not available in cash on the day.
This is a full day Dachau Tour from Munich. The price includes all transportation and your fully memorial qualified guide.
Children of 14 or under always attend free of
charge (in certain cases you may need to purchase a train ticket
for them - your guide will advise at the meeting point). Parents
please note : Although our InMunich guides have a lot of experience
guiding younger visitors, the Memorial Site states that some of the
exhibits and themes may be unsuitable for those under the age of 12
years old. For further details ask one of our guides or feel free
to contact us directly using our online form