5/5, based on 1161 reviews
Private Munich Third Reich Tour
€150.00 for 3 Hours to €180.00 for 4 Hour Extended Tour
Are you looking for a much more personal & intimate tour? A tour catered purely for you?
With InMunich Private Tours you get a unique experience with a completely personal & highly experienced guide.
Known as the "Hauptstadt der Bewegung" - the Capital of the Movement" - Munich was not just the birthplace of the Nazi Party of Germany, it was the heart of Hitler's empire. The National Socialist German Workers Party (NSDAP) had its roots firmly in Munich.
Our tour covers the full rise of Adolf Hitler from his early years in Austria, to his arrival in Munich in 1913, his experiences in the First World War, the rise of National Socialism in Munich in the 1920's & the many politcal (& often violent) events that helped shape his rise to supreme dictatorship & "der Führer".
Some of the many themes & places on this walking tour include;
• Hitler's early years -His life as a street artist, arrival in Munich & his experiences during WW1.
• End of the 2nd Reich- German Revolution, democracy, Bavarian Soviet Republic, Kurt Eisner & The Weimar Republic.
•The German Workers Party- Hitler's first speeches & the formation of the NSDAP.
• Hofbräuhaus- The 25 point plan, origins of the Swastika, Treaty of Versailles, & taking the party presidency.
• Munich Beer Hall Putsch- Hitler's failed attempt to overthrow the Bavarian government in 1923, his imprisonment in Landsberg & Mein Kampf.
• 1920's German Economy- Hyper-Inflation, economic meltdown & reparation costs.
• Early Resistance- The citizens of Munich who dared to speak out, & who lost their lives doing so.
•1933- Hitler sweeps into power as Reichs Chancellor, the Reichstag Fire, the Enabling Act, the opening of Dachau.